- The Chorale is open to group-oriented singers of all ages. Candidates must have blending voices, choral experience, a good musical ear, and a real passion for choral singing rather than solo performance. There is opportunity for singers who play instruments or have talent for dance or drama to be used in production numbers. We use several accompanists, all of whom are singers as well. There are occasional openings for these positions. See Current Openings.
- We audition, by appointment, before or after rehearsals. Directors listen for range and voice texture as well as ability to follow tone patterns. Equally important is the chance to get acquainted with new people.
- We meet on Monday evenings, 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at First United Methodist Church, 535 Old San Francisco Road, Sunnyvale. Singers are expected to be in place by 7:30. Rehearsals always begin on time. Section rehearsals are scheduled as needed.
- Singers are given season schedules very early and are expected to clear these dates to assure successful performances. Choir arrives in performance attire in time for pre-concert warm-up. There are no casual dress performances. See Photo Gallery.
- Women wear floor-length sleeveless gowns with flattering lace floats, silver sandals, and crystal earrings. Hair is worn off the face. No perfume. Men wear black tuxedos, white boutonnieres and polished black shoes. No cologne.
- A small crew helps in the transportation, setup and breakdown of equipment. All singers are encouraged to discover new talent and venues for performance.